Saturday 1 August 2020

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW .....




I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
Oh, yes I can make it now the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny day
Look all around, there's nothing but blue skies
Look straight ahead, there's nothing but blue skies
I can see clearly now the rain is gone
I can see all obstacles in my way
Here is that rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright (bright)
Bright (bright) sunshiny…
Well, maybe the dark clouds haven't gone nor all of the bad feelings if CLEAVIEW.ai have anything to do with it.

Have a look at this:



 This guy claims that the "Computer vision for a safer world" his company has created is for everyone's good. OK, there are some likely benefits in law enforcement and in identifying and capturing criminals and miscreants but ..... who is monitoring the monitor here? Hoan Ton-That, the creator has a background in computer imaging apps and has links to the far right. His past creations haven't been 'for a safer world' but have been more for frivolous and hacking purposes. Even in this promotional interview the search that the interviewer did was a bit creepy.

This guy, Hoan Ton-That claims that he won't be selling this technology to 'bad countries and administrations' but let's face it - he's money hungry and is already in talks with Saudi Arabia and others so watch out!

Check out John Oliver's investigation of facial recognition and Clearview.ai. He does it better than anyone else:



7 comments:

  1. Why did we get the whole song at the start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why did we have to read this nonsense? My own blog makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not suggesting you don't think. That would be rude.
    I meant to say "You think that? Really?"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and your blog makes as much sense as The Catechism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another popular blog for The Curmudgeon!

    ReplyDelete

SLIPPING INTO THE REALMS OF FANTASY

The Curmudgeon reported that 120,000 New Zealand voters gave their votes to the fringe parties in the 2023 elections - the highest number ev...